Earth Factory Composting Bags
(Pack Of Two)
Using our Earth Factory, you can convert bokashi fermented food waste into soil. When ready, this living soil which is packed with nutrients, and can be used for your container plants or garden. This method of composting is called a soil factory. It’s very simple to make, undemanding and requires little space, making it ideal for people with small or no gardens.
You will need the following:
- The Earth Factory bag.
- Your fermented bokashi bin (tap off the liquid first).
- Garden soil, used potting soil, compost or a blend of the three, to fill a 25L bin - same size as the bokashi food waste recycling bin.
- A tool to mix the contents such as a long handled garden fork or spade.
- A tray to place the Earth Factory on, if a patch of soil is not available.
- Find the perfect warm spot.
- Add soil blend until the bag is about 1/3 full.
- Empty the contents of the bokashi bin into the bag and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the balance of the soil into the bag.
- Zip the bag closed.
Let it sit and allow the microbes to do their work, simple as that!
Tip: Using garden soil and/or recycled potting soil works very well, but if you have access to compost, then add some. Compost add lots of additional beneficial microbes to the mix and speeds up the conversion into soil.