Jane's Delicious Urban Gardening
Do you love living in the city but dream about growing your own wholesome fruit and vegetables? South Africa’s organic gardening guru, Jane Griffiths, shows you just how easy it is to achieve a flourishing food garden, no matter how small your space.
Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is packed with inspirational ideas and practical information on all aspects of urban eco-living.
In her trademark sensible and easy-to-follow style, Jane provides a wealth of tips and suggestions for:
- Growing organic vegetables just about anywhere – from containers to edible walls, from raised beds to rooftops, from community gardens to neglected pavements
- Planting and maintaining a space-efficient urban orchard
- Converting an existing lawn or tennis court into an instant edible oasis
- keeping urban bees, hens and aquaponic tanks
- harvesting rainwater and recycling greywater
- introducing solar power into your home
- converting a chlorinated swimming pool into a wetland-filtered haven.
Illustrated with hundreds of beautiful colour photographs, Jane’s Delicious Urban Gardening is essential reading for anyone wanting to live a more sustainable, productive and healthy lifestyle in the city.
About the Author
Jane Griffiths is a television producer, writer, artist and traveller who has been growing organic vegetables and herbs for more than twenty years. Her best-selling Jane’s Delicious Garden has led to a vegetable revolution in South Africa, with thousands of home growers now following in her green footsteps.
Her second book, Jane’s Delicious Kitchen, is a collection of delicious recipes for making the most of seasonal abundance. Jane's Delicious Herbs, her third book, covers everything you need to know about growing and using over 70 different herbs. Her books have sold more than thirty thousand copies and continue to be an inspiration for thousands of South Africans.