Harvest when they are young for the best flavour. Roughly chop and add them to your favourite salad or use them to add a fresh garnish to stir fries and noodle dishes.
Bunching-style spring onion with a mild flavour.
* Germination: 10 to 12 days
* Maturity: 90 days
* Sowing depth: 1cm
* Ideal conditions: Full sun in autumn
Starke Ayres GMO Declaration
* Starke Ayres does not research, produce or procure any form of Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) products.
* In South Africa, all our seed is regulated by the Genetically Modified Organisms Act of 1997 (GMO Act) and its subsidiary legislation. The GMO Act places extensive restrictions on the research, production, and marketing of GMOs.
* Maize, soybean, and cotton represent the only crops where genetically modified (GM) forms have been approved for commercial production in South Africa. Where there is potential for cross-contamination, for example with our sweetcorn seed (which could be impacted by nearby GM maize), we do certify our seed as non-GMO in both our internal and external accredited laboratories.