Crunchy, tasty, highly nutritious and a great source of antioxidants. Sow them close together and harvest early if you want baby carrots. Or thin them out, leaving enough space for each to grow in to a fair sized carrot.
Carrots are great eaten raw or cooked, and can be juiced into lovely sweet carrot juice.
Carrots like to be planted with basil, rosemary and sage, tomatoes, lettuce and radishes.
Fast-growing cylindrical carrot with strong tops.
* Germination: 10 to 14 days
* Maturity: 90 to 110 days
* Sowing depth: 1cm
* Ideal conditions: Full sun during spring, summer and autumn.
Starke Ayres GMO Declaration
* Starke Ayres does not research, produce or procure any form of Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) products.
* In South Africa, all our seed is regulated by the Genetically Modified Organisms Act of 1997 (GMO Act) and its subsidiary legislation. The GMO Act places extensive restrictions on the research, production, and marketing of GMOs.
* Maize, soybean, and cotton represent the only crops where genetically modified (GM) forms have been approved for commercial production in South Africa. Where there is potential for cross-contamination, for example with our sweetcorn seed (which could be impacted by nearby GM maize), we do certify our seed as non-GMO in both our internal and external accredited laboratories.