Cabbage is great for your digestion, containing 1 gram of fibre for every 10 calories. Chop it up raw in a beautiful coleslaw or toss it in with a stir fry, soup or stew. Use the leaves as a wrap and load it up with finely julienned veggies and tahini dressing for a light summer lunch.
Cabbages grow well with sage, rosemary and dill, barge and nasturtiums as well as potatoes.
Grey-green leaf colour with a large flat head.
* Germination: 7 to 10 days
* Maturity: 110 to 140 days
* Sowing depth: 1cm
* Ideal conditions: Full sun, semi-shade in summer and autumn
Starke Ayres GMO Declaration
* Starke Ayres does not research, produce or procure any form of Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) products.
* In South Africa, all our seed is regulated by the Genetically Modified Organisms Act of 1997 (GMO Act) and its subsidiary legislation. The GMO Act places extensive restrictions on the research, production, and marketing of GMOs.
* Maize, soybean, and cotton represent the only crops where genetically modified (GM) forms have been approved for commercial production in South Africa. Where there is potential for cross-contamination, for example with our sweetcorn seed (which could be impacted by nearby GM maize), we do certify our seed as non-GMO in both our internal and external accredited laboratories.